January 25, 2007

Got Admitted to the Hospital

Yesterday, I took him to the pediatrician. The waiting room was very full, and we had to wait for a few hours. His fever had not gone down, so I kept giving him Motrin and wiping him with a damp cloth while we waited. Finally, we were seen, and we were sent down to get a chest x-ray and a kidney, ureter, and bladder (KUB) x-ray to see if there was any blockages. They did see some stool in his intestines, and they found he had pneumonia in his left lung.

We were admitted and the doctor says we will probably be in for about 14 days. They started him on Tobramycin, through IV and inhaled. He seems to be feeling better already, although he still has not had a BM. They are going to try a suppository, and if that doesn't work ... they will try an enema!
We have already requested a PICC line to be put in, so hopefully it will be in by Friday.

No comments: